Variable is what the program used to store any values in computer’s memory.
· Numerical values such as 1,2,3,126.96.36.1993
· Logical values such as true or false
· Strings/Textural values, such as "Hello"
· null value which means nothing
The names of variables must conform to the following rules:
· They must start with a letter or underscore ("_")
Subsequent characters can also be digits (0-9) or letters (A-Z and/or a-z).
-Local level: variables that are declared in function are called local variables and can only be accessed in that function.
-Global level: variables declared out of a function in <Script> and </Script> section are treated as global variables and can be accessed anywhere in the page.