In Microsoft Office Excel, you can apply bold, italic, or underlined to text in a cell or range of cells. To format the text, do the following:
- Select the cell, range of cells, text, or characters that you want to format.
- On the Home tab, in the Font group, do one the following:
▫ To make the selected text bold, click Bold.
You can also use keyboard shortcut by pressing Ctrl +B or Ctrl +2.
▫ To italicize the selected text, click Italic.
You can also use keyboard shortcut by pressing Ctrl +I or Ctrl +3.
▫ To underline the selected text, click Underline.
You can also use keyboard shortcut by pressing Ctrl +U or Ctrl +4.
- You can apply a different type of underline to the selected text by doing the following:
1. On the Home tab, in the Font group, click Format Cell Font dialog box launcher next to Font or press Ctrl + Shift +F or Ctrl +1.
2. In the Format Cells dialog box, in the Underline combo box, click the underline type that you want to format, and then click Ok button.
- To remove bold, italic, or underlined from the selected text, click Bold, Italic, or Underline or you can use keyboard shortcut for each format.
This website intents to provide free and high quality tutorials, examples, exercises and solutions, questions and answers of programming and scripting languages: