In this tab, you will see the following options:
- Font: Select the font type that you want in the list, under Font for the text in selected cells. The default font type is Calibri.
- Font Style: Select the font style that you want in the list, under Font Style for the text in selected cells. The default font style is Regular.
- Size: Select the font size that you want in the list, under Size for the text in selected cells or you can type any number in the box, under Size between 1 and 1638. The default font size is eleven (11).
- Underline: Select the underline type in the combo box for the text in selected cells. The default underline is None.
- Color: Select the color that you want to apply for the text or selected cells in the color palette. The default color is Automatic. If you need more colors that do not display in the color palette, click More Colors under Standard Colors.
- Normal font: If you select Normal font check box, Excel resets font, font style, size, underline, color, and effects to the Normal style.
Note: Normal (default) style sets Calibri for font, Regular for font style, 11 for font size, None for underline, Automatic for color, and clears all effects.
- Effects: You can select the effect that you want for the text in selected cells. It has three options:
Strikethrough: Check this check box to display the text in selected cells as strikethrough.
Superscript: Check this check box to display the text in selected cells as superscript.
Subscript: Check this check box to display the text in selected cells as subscript.
Note: Between Superscript and Subscript options, you can select only one among them. If you select Superscript and then select Subscript, Excel resets Superscript automatically and vice versa.
- Preview: View a sample of text with the format options that you select.
This website intents to provide free and high quality tutorials, examples, exercises and solutions, questions and answers of programming and scripting languages: