In this tab, there are the following options:
- Line: Allows you to select an option in the Style box to specify line size and style for a border. You can change a line style on a border that already applies by clicking the line style option that you want, and then clicking the area of the border in the Border model or in the Preview Diagram where you want the new line style to display.
For example, you want to apply a border style to the selected cell as the figure below:
To do this task, do the following:
1. Select the cell that you want to apply a border style.
2. Right-click the selected cell, and then click Format Cells on the shortcut menu.
Or on the Home tab, you can do one of the following:
- In the Font group, click Font Launcher.
- In the Alignment group, click Alignment Launcher.
- In the Number group, click Number Launcher.
The Format Cells dialog box appears:
3. Click Border tab
4. Click drop-down arrow of the Color combo box to display the color palette, and then select the color as the example figure.
5. Click the line style for horizontal border of the selected cell, and then click it in the Preview Diagram or click the buttons of the Border model. See the figure below:
6. Click the line style for vertical border of the selected cell, and then click it in the Preview Diagram or click the buttons of the Border model.
- Preset: Let you to select a predefined option to apply borders to or clear borders from the selected cells.
- Color: Select a color that you like from the color palette to change the border color of selected cells.
- Border: Select a line style in the box, under Style, and then click the buttons under Presets or click the buttons around the Preview Diagram to apply borders to or remove borders from selected cells. You can also use the Preview Diagram to insert or remove borders from selected cells. If you want to remove all borders, click None under Presets.
This website intents to provide free and high quality tutorials, examples, exercises and solutions, questions and answers of programming and scripting languages: