You can apply shading to cells by filling them with solid colors or specific patterns; and you can remove the cell shading if you don't need it any more.
To add shading to cells, do the following:
- Select the cells that you want to apply shading.
- On the Home tab, in the Font group, click drop-down arrow next to Fill Color, and then select a solid color that you like on the color palette.
- If you want to fill cells with a recently selected color, click the Fill Color after selecting the cells.
- Click More Colors if the colors on the color palette are not your need.
To fill cells with a pattern, do the following:
- Select the cells that you want to apply a pattern.
- On the Home tab, in the Font group, click Format Cell Font dialog box launcher.
- On the Format Cells dialog box, click Fill tab.
- Under the Background Color, click the color that you want to fill.
- Do one of the following:
▫ If you want to use a pattern with two colors, click another color in the Pattern Color box, and then click a pattern style in the Pattern Style box. Lastly, click Ok button to apply this format.
▫ If you want to use a pattern with a special effect, click Fill Effects button, and then select the option that you want in the Gradient tab. Finally, click Ok button to add this format.
To take the cell shading off, do the following:
- Select the cells that contain a fill color or fill pattern
- On the Home tab, in the Font group, click drop-down arrow next to Fill Color, and then click No Fill under the Standard Color and above the More Colors .
This website intents to provide free and high quality tutorials, examples, exercises and solutions, questions and answers of programming and scripting languages: