When you need two tables that have the same fields in a database, you can create a table. For another table, you can copy it. Copying a table is like copying a file in your hard drive or other storage devices. To copy a table follow the steps below:
- Right-click on the table in the Navigation Pane that you want to copy
- Click Copy
- Right-click on the Navigation Pane again and then Click Paste
The Paste Table As dialog box appears:
This dialog box allows you to select the paste options that you need. There are three options to pastes a copied table:
- Structure Only: Copy only structure of a table without the data and the condition of a table.
- Structure and Data: Copy everything from a copied table.
- Append Data to Existing Table: Copy data from one table to another table that already have data.
Note: The third option of pasting the table requires the both tables having the same fields. Though, the process of appending data to the destination table cannot operate.
When give a wrong name to the created table, you actually want to rename it. The following steps show how to solve this task.
- Close the table which you want to rename
- Right-click on the table
- Click Rename
- Enter a new name
- Press Enter Key
If a table is useless or you don't need to use it anymore, you can delete that table from the database in order to reduce the size store in memory and hard disk. How to delete the table? To delete the table follow the steps below:
- Close the table which you want to delete
- Right-click on the table and then click Delete or
- Select the table which you want to delete then Press Delete Key
Firstly, you have to open a table that you want to copy record(s) or row(s) and follow the steps below:
- Select the row(s) or record(s) that you want to copy
- Right-click on the selected row(s) or record(s)
- Click Copy
- Paste the copied record(s) in the destination table
Note: In this case, both tables must have the number of fields equally unless your data will lose.
When you enter a wrong data in a record or row, you may want to delete it. To delete the row, you have to do the following steps:
- Open the table that you intend to delete the row
- Select the row as the figure below:
- Press Key Delete or right-click on the selected row and click delete
This website intents to provide free and high quality tutorials, examples, exercises and solutions, questions and answers of programming and scripting languages: